What an exciting year 2019 has been! Many challenges have occurred for the Sendcloud team, from a complete rebranding and platform make-over, to expanding to new markets and an ever-increasing team with lots of new faces joining. It’s been a year full of changes!
The product has also been rapidly evolving with our development team tirelessly working to continuously improve our services. This has provided many positive outcomes, and we have fully enjoyed sharing all our updates this year with both our long-term and new customers.
We are proud to share this year’s achievements, and hope to continue our work into 2020.
Sendcloud 2019: Product development
In 2019, Sendcloud went through a major transformation. The development team has put enormous effort in improving your workflow and the delivery experience of your customers, while our platform became more user friendly and is now 25% faster. The interface changed completely and became consistent and more accessible, and this was only possible with a close collaboration with our users and their valuable feedback about their workflows and our product.
An overview of major product updates:
- Rebranding: the most visible update of the year was the complete make-over of the Sendcloud environment, with faster order processing, and a completely restructured User Interface and redesigned the “Incoming Orders” overview.
- Delayed shipment Track & Trace: Inform your customers with every step of their delivery, even when there are delays.
- Subscriptions: 2019 also saw the introduction of our subscription models. This has allowed us to provide a tailored service for you in line with the features you need. Find out more on our pricing page.
- Returns portal 2.0 and return API: this year we fully relaunched our returns portal that helps you to handle returns more efficiently and offer a consumer friendly method to return items. Your customers can search their order or tracking number, state the reason they want to return a product and choose their return method. Along with this, we also built the return API. Decide how you want to offer your return portal with the return API by building your own front-end on top of it.
- Price calculator: Easily review prices of different carriers and services with our price calculator.
- Analytics dashboard: Use our clear dashboard to track statistics about your shipments and returns per country, per carrier, for every online store you connected.
- Filters: Filter within the “created labels” and “incoming orders” tabs in the Sendcloud environment. This helps make it easier to view specific shipping methods, countries, integrations, parcel size and delivery timeframe.
- Multicollo shipments for DHL and UPS: Multicollo shipments consist of multiple parcels to the same receiver address which need to be kept together. They are created and sent during the same amount of time. More carriers will follow soon!
- Import remark fields: Import any extra notes or remarks your customers have made in regards to the delivery of their products directly into Sendcloud. This feature is available for Lightspeed, Prestashop, WooCommerce, Shopify and our API.
In 2020, we will continue to work together with our users to develop new awesome features. Don’t miss any new valuable releases that can help you increase your efficiency. Subscribe to our release log to stay up to date in the new year.
Sendcloud 2019: New integrations
Like every year, we added a lot of integrations and carriers to our platform. At Sendcloud we think it’s important to collaborate with a lot of relevant parties in e-commerce to provide value for our users. Therefore we have worked on the following integrations:
- Etsy: Marketplaces are getting more important to generate online sales. Therefore, we built a new integration with Etsy. Everyone that is selling on Etsy can now integrate their Etsy orders in Sendcloud. If you have already integrated another store, you can manage your Etsy store in the same Sendcloud account.
- Mondial Relay: For all of our French users we added a new carrier integration, namely Mondial Relay. By adding Mondial Relay we enable flexible shipping for French users, especially with their strong parcel shop network.
- Cdiscount: Next to Cdiscount is especially big in France. All Cdiscount users can now also connect to Sendcloud in a few clicks, get access to multiple carriers and automate their entire shipping and return process.
SAP Business One and Oracle Netsuite: In 2019 we built connections with ERP-systems. Oracle Netsuite and SAP Business One are added to the list of integrations. Users of both ERP systems can automate their shipping and return process with a single integration. They can connect their business to multiple carriers and set up their shipping process exactly how they want it.
Sendcloud 2019: Internationalisation
Sendcloud has been spreading across borders since 2015, and 2019 saw another expansion with the launch into Spain. This has introduced Spanish carriers, including Correos and Correos Express, to our platform.
The launch aids the internationalisation of our services. It helps us make international shipping and returns easier and more efficient for Ecommerce stores across Europe.
International features introduced include:
- Paperless trade for UPS & DHL: Paperless Trade eliminates the need to print separate customs documents. Customs information will automatically be sent digitally to the carrier.
- Import customs information from Shopify and API integration(s): Sendcloud now imports the customs information automatically from your Shopify and API integration(s). Information includes; description, number of items, weight of the items, HS code (API), origin country (API). More systems will be introduced in the future.
- Handle European returns easily: Together with the launch of our new Return Portal we made it possible to accept return items and offer return labels throughout Europe. Your customers can easily return a package, with a Sendcloud return label, at a local post office.
- Deutsche Post harmonised labels: Cross-border e-commerce is getting more popular every year. Therefore, we made it possible to send shipments outside the EU with Deutsche Post Harmonised Labels. These labels combine customs declaration and the shipping label in one integrated label.
- Entrance in Spanish market: Last but definitely not least in terms of internationalisation, we launched Sendcloud in the Spanish market. That’s of course exciting news for Spanish clients. But it also enables us to offer a better solution for European e-commerce. Thanks to new (local) carrier integrations we can offer better European return solutions.
2019 saw SendCloud evolve into Sendcloud, with a complete rebranding and new website. The updated logo and all-new style helps us to reach online retailers of all kinds across Europe.
Find out more how we moved to a complete new rebranding.
Our Sendcloud HQ in Eindhoven also got a bit of a makeover, with the new branding.
Sendcloud 2019: Awards and events
We continue to be humbly grateful for the success Sendcloud has received over the years. This year, we were nominated, yet again, for several awards:
- Deloitte Fast 50 in the Netherlands: This is the 3rd year in a row Sendcloud is nominated. After two years in top positions, this year we were incredibly grateful to come 15th place amongst some of the top players in business today.
- Financial Times 1000 – Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies: Sendcloud came in a respectful 51st place.
- CCI Tech Award: We won the Tech Award 2019 of the France Chamber of Commerce in The Netherlands. The Chamber of Commerce wants to further improve trade relations between France and the Netherlands.
With our international strategy, it’s natural for us to be trotting the globe and being present at major E-commerce events across Europe.
In 2019 we were present at the following events:
- Webwinkel Vakdagen (Utrecht, NL): The biggest e-commerce fair of the Benelux.
- Ecommerce XPO (Kortrijk, BE): A fair with a focus on digital business.
- Eshow (Madrid, ES): The leading digital marketing event in Spain.
- Shopify Merchant Inspiration Talks (Berlin, DE): Platinum Sponsor of the Shopify Inspiration Talks to share knowledge with online retailers.
- Internet World Expo (Munich, DE): Information platform for every trader that wants to focus on digitalization.
- PrestaShop Day (Barcelona, ES): Get together for PrestaShop merchants, community members and entrepreneurs.
Our sales and partner management team also visited a lot of events to speak to partners and hear about the challenges online retailers face nowadays. Our partner managers visited Meet Magento, Emerce eDay, Shopware Connect and many more.
We love meeting both our existing customers, partners and new prospects at events, so make sure to keep an eye out for which events we’ll be visiting in 2020!
We also launched our very first Customer Success video. This project focuses on featuring our clients’ inspiring stories about how they started their company and how Sendcloud has been an important part of the process. Interested in getting involved? Get in touch for a chat!
Sendcloud 2019: Company life
Sendcloud isn’t just growing in terms of the product development. The team behind has also been expanding all year. 2019 has seen a lot of new additions joining the Sendcloud family in order to create an even better product for you.
Alongside working hard all year, we’ve celebrated our company growth and welcomed our new teammates with team-building trips and parties, encompassing our core company value of having fun.
We also had a new furry friend join the Eindhoven office!
But it isn’t stopping there! 2020 will see more and more job openings. Don’t forget to check out our current offers and come join the Sendcloud team in 2020!
The Team enjoying a well earned trip to Oktoberfest.
2020: A sneak peak
We have a lot of exciting things scheduled for the upcoming year, to make it an even bigger success.
2020 will see even more changes and improvements to: Pack & Go, Manual Shipment forms, the Editing Order View, user rights and roles, as well as volumetric weight. We also are excited with the upcoming introduction of more filters in other parcel tabs and a dynamic checkout for main integrations.
Any ideas or requests for us? Share your feedback via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you fancy coming to say “Hi” in person, the first two events we’ll be attending in the new year is Webwinkel Vakdagen in Utrecht, the Netherlands. You can find us at booth 41. You can also find us at the E-commerce Berlin Expo on the 13th of February at stand D5.4.
More events will follow! We hope to see you offline for a few days to share knowledge with each other.
If you have any questions about the year’s updates, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below! We’re looking forward to all the exciting advancements 2020 will bring, and we hope the year will bring you lots of success for your business and its growth.
Wishing you all the best for 2020!
The Sendcloud Team